Capgemini Software Engineer Lead - SQL Server Cloud in Atlanta, Georgia
SQL Server Cloud Engineer
• Technical Lead on Database projects including designing solutions
• Develop database architecture roadmaps in support of business strategies
• Lead in solution architecture for databases and database applications
• Participate in security architecture reviews of enterprise systems
• Responsible for aspects of the application lifecycle: requirements analysis & definition, system design, implementation, testing, deployment
• Defining cloud specifications for the installation of SQL Server databases, analysis services, integration services, reporting services
• Contribute to planning, designing and deploying data warehouses, data marts and transactional databases
• Participate in activities that ensure the successful use of these systems including: developing documentation, test scripts, and training materials
• Plan and conduct database architecture assessments that examine DBMS and database configuration and performance
• Review and assess existing enterprise data-driven applications, support new features, performance improvements, upgrades
• Analyze large, complex systems to determine performance bottlenecks, application bugs, and opportunities to improve efficiency
• Capture and analyze database activity to identify improvements in storage, indexing, file structure, maintenance processes, and query performance
• Experience working with a support team on production support, including familiarity with formal support processes
• At least 7 years of experience with Database administration and other MSSQL Server architecture related aspects
• Experience designing, deploying, and maintaining SQL Server infrastructures on version 2008/2012/2014/2016 with preference on experience with SQL 2016
• Experience with in memory database and column store indexes
• Experience developing and presenting roadmap and solution architecture documentation
• Proficiency with managing and administering SQL Server installations and databases including: developing maintenance plans, configuring server resources, monitoring performance, configuring instances and databases, partitioning, indexing, identifying data base vulnerabilities and administering security in both private cloud and Azure environments
• Expert level skills designing and implementing redundant and scalable SQL Server infrastructures using technologies including database mirroring, log shipping, replication, Always On Availability Groups, etc.
• Proficiency with SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Analysis Services, SQL Profiler, and SQL Server Management Studio
• Experience designing, implementing, supporting, and analyzing enterprise scale applications that perform extract/transform/load (ETL) operations with external data sources and SQL Server
• Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization using native monitoring and monitoring tools.
• Experience defining backup strategy, performing backups, restores and disaster recovery.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server
• Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts
• Azure SQL DB and other cloud based data platform experience is a plus
• Certification is a plus; MCTS, MCITP, MVP
• Experience with Oracle, Sybase and/or other Open Source databases a plus.
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.
More roles at Capgemini.com https://www.capgemini.com/careers/job-search/
Most of my roles are listed on LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin.com/in/sheilakennedy
- Before submitting your resume, please take a moment to review submission instructions for immediate consideration.
1 - Include your Name - Skill in the subject line.
2 - Please send a brief introduction of yours skills in the body of the email.
3 - Please cut and paste the following below your introduction.
Full name -
Contact information (phone email) -
Skype ID -
Number of years in SQL Server -
Number of years with Cloud -
Other related specialized skills -
Number of FLC (full life-cycle) -
Certifications (title and date) -
Current employer -
When can you start -
Have you ever worked for Capgemini in the past -
Have you applied online at Capgemini.com -
US Work Authorization type -
-- Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini
Can you travel 100% (3 nights/4 days) -
Current location -
Can you relocate if needed -
Desired annual base salary (full-time only) - $
Are you working with any other Capgemini recruiters -
Note: always include your current resume. I look forward to your reply.
Send your resume directly to Sheila Kennedy
Software Engineers perform requirements analysis. They then design, develop or maintain the physical application (components) or the application environment, based on the Software Architecture (models and principles). Activities include coding, integrating, implementing, installing or changing frameworks and standard components, or technical and functional application management. A Software Engineer also develops languages, methods, frameworks and tools, and/or undertakes activities in support of server-based databases in development, test and production environments.
Required Skills and Experience:
You are an experienced Software Engineer. You have received training and mastered at least one technology environment. You are good at elaborating technology areas and have an ability to position them within the scope of an overall project. You are a member of at least one community.
• Qualification: Minimum 3 years experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Certification: Should have or seeking SE Level 1.
• Should have progressing knowledge in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering, Testing, Data Management, Architecture Knowledge and Technical Solution Design.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion (about $14.4 billion USD at 2017 average rate).
Visit us at www.capgemini.com . People matter, results count.
Organization: NA AS
Title: Software Engineer Lead - SQL Server Cloud
Requisition ID: 035962